[WikiEN-l] Have we ever had a reader complaint of a lack of spoiler tags?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue May 22 16:26:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, David Gerard wrote:
> I found a {{spoiler}} tag on an article about part of World War II. (I
> forget the exact one.) No shittin'.

I'm sick and tired of the argument "here's an obviously bad spoiler tag,
so all spoiler tags are like that, right?"

If you just don't want spoiler tags on World War II, you can fix that without
changing policy: just remove the tag.  Don't quote silly examples and then
propose a policy change that affects a lot more than silly examples.