[WikiEN-l] Workable spoiler solution?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:53:03 UTC 2007

[[User:Ned Scott]]'s written a proposal, currently up at
[[Wikipedia:Spoiler warning]] (after much hacking by others) which
strikes me as sane and workable.

I note that I've been removing inappropriate spoilers as fast as I can
and almost all have stayed that way. Whereas those reverting me have
tended to be blocked for 3RR a lot, i.e. are hotheads. This suggests
to me that the actual wiki opinion is not so very much in favour of
spoilers everywhere. I wonder if we'll start getting email from
aggrieved readers, i.e. the people spoilers are supposed to be for.

- d.