[WikiEN-l] {{Spoiler}} insanity -- how can you spoil what the article is about?

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:33:41 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007 11:50:03 +0200, "MacGyverMagic/Mgm"
> <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Both retaining all spoiler tags and removing all of them are extremes
> >someone is going to be unhappy with, but Three Little Pigs? You can write
> an
> >article on a fairy tale without discussing its moral which means
> revealing
> >the end.
>
> My best one to date was [[Jack and the beanstalk]], but the same
> applies.  And is there really anyone left in the world who does not
> know the ending of the 1933 King Kong?  Or understand what Catch-22 is
> about?
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG

You really understand what Catch-22 is about?  I thought I did before I read
it.

I'm never really sure what spoilers are supposed to be fore--since I'm
reading an encyclopedia article to find out about a book, it *just seems
rather obvious that the article will contain information about the book*,
including plot, characters, themes, author.

KP