[WikiEN-l] The Madness of King Infobox

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Fri May 18 21:23:54 UTC 2007

>From: "MacGyverMagic/Mgm" <macgyvermagic at gmail.com>
>To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] The Madness of King Infobox
>Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 23:17:35 +0200
>
>I see infoboxes as an "article at a glance" thing. What's in the box is
>usually repeated somewhere in the article, but the point is to have
>bite-size bits of info easily accessible to people who don't want to read
>the entire article.
>
>Mgm
>

>On 5/18/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >As for genre "classical music". I personally would love to be more
> > >detailed,
> > >but I can't. If you can, please help and be more specific.
> >
> > The point is that "Genre:Classical music" is...well..redundant?
>Classical
> > music is such a broad term as to be fairly meaningless anyway, but it's
> > common term, so you might as well use it. But to say "Genre:Classical
> > music"
> > in the box, when half the article is taken up with far more specific
> > descriptions - it just renders the box useless. It's saying nothing
> > whatsoever.
> >
> > Quite apart from which, why two boxes?
> >
> > Moreschi

But when the bites in bite-sized are inaccurate or misleading? When the
infobox tries to bite off too much by simplifying complex information
excessively? As I recall, that was the case at [[Josquin des Prez]]. Then
the problems start.

Besides, can no one tell me why two infoboxes on one article at the same
time?

Moreschi