[WikiEN-l] Referencing policy/guidelines

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:24:45 UTC 2007

Since when have we banned the use of online subscription news-sites as
references, or made it policy that dead links cannot be cited as sources?
The latter plainly contradicts [[WP:CS]], and a brief overview of the
relevant WP pages reveals no overt ban on citations from subscription sites,
but I just found out that somebody pulled out a bunch of such references: <
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ketuanan_Melayu&diff=130291263&oldid=128633105

I was bold and reverted, but I would like to know if I didn't get the memo
or if I've always been misunderstanding how we do things.

Johnleemk

--
Visit my site: http://www.infernalramblings.com