[WikiEN-l] {{spoiler}} vs. writing a goddamn encyclopedia

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue May 15 17:11:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 17:35:43 +0100, "Christiano Moreschi"
<moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Handel is even better:
>everyone who's alive sings a happily-ever-after chorus along with the dead
>guys who the live guys have killed earlier, who get miraculously
>resuscitated for the occasion! Who needs spoilers for that? (and it's the
>same at the end of almost every Handel opera).

Yebbut once you get into Mozart or Rossini the plots strain credulity
from the word go.  Best to check credulity at the door, I find, and
not wonder too much why the comely wench would be attracted to the big
fat bloke with the squeaky voice.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk