[WikiEN-l] Psychosis and Wikipedia

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Mon May 14 00:07:58 UTC 2007

Most people with serious mental disorders are unable to keep it together enough to edit, or are disorganized but harmless. A small group is focused and disruptive. They generally can't work, so have idle time and often an ax to grind (after all, they may actually wear aluminum foil hats to prevent the CIA from reading their thoughts.) Our share of this sort of trouble is consistent with its incidence in society. It is important to be courteous, but to avoid entanglement. A tiny minority is actually dangerous and law enforcement assistance should be sought. You might think about editing anonymously, if this sort of trouble is unacceptable.

Not a psychologist, I just have some experience.

Fred