[WikiEN-l] Please change your passwords.

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 9 04:22:30 UTC 2007

Zoney wrote:

>On 08/05/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>We're not professional.  Except for a tiny bunch of people who work
>>for the Foundation, we're all volunteers and our time is not
>>especially coordinated.  Wikipedia is what it is, and part of that is
>>that we've grown faster than our organization has.
>>

>The project should be managed professionally if it is indeed a serious
>project.

Absolutely not!!!

>Otherwise it's all just a bit of a larf and it'll eventually come
>crashing down.

Had we been so professional from the beginning we would never have risen
high enough to be able to come crashing down.

>However, the project *is* taken seriously by those of us
>involved, and attempts to pass itself off as a serious endeavour. Indeed
>that mostly works, and so a large section of the media and the public take
>the project seriously (maybe they shouldn't).

Maybe they shouldn't indeed, but they do.  We take it seriously because
we believe, and not because seriousness is an end in itself.
Seriousness without soul is pomposity.

Ec