[WikiEN-l] Please change your passwords.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:34:00 UTC 2007

On 07/05/07, Snowolf <mtazio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've added a question to all en.wp's running RfA that asks candidates if
> their password is "[[..] alphanumeric? Formed by at least 8 characters? Not
> by words in the dictionary? Not in the weakest password list?".

o lord, not another question on RFA.

I did just add to [[Wikipedia:Administrators]] a note -

Administrators, bureaucrats, checkusers, stewards and oversighters
discovered to have cryptographically weak passwords will have their
privileges removed on grounds of site security. This means that if
your password can be cracked by the developers, they will take away
your admin bit before someone "borrows" it for malicious purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators#Becoming_an_administrator

I've added a comment in the wikitext that this is since the Main Page
was deleted and Tubgirl put in the sitenotice ;-)

- d.