[WikiEN-l] You're magically made an admin. What do you do?

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:10:31 UTC 2007

This is something I thought about after the latest Main page deletion.
You go to a local library, webcafe, or kiosk to do something on
Wikipedia and find yourself logged in to somebody else's administrator
account.

What are you tempted to do?

What do you actually do?

What I'm tempted to do, delete the administrator's noticeboard with
the comment "I'm a moron who forgets to log out from public terminals,
please LART me".

What I actually do. Log his stupid ass out, log in as myself and send
him a polite and civil email telling him what happened and to be
careful next time. If email is not enabled, leave same message on his
talk page for all the world to see.