[WikiEN-l] How lovely, someone deleted the Main Page again

Blu Aardvark jeffrey.latham at gmail.com
Mon May 7 06:21:23 UTC 2007

I really don't see an "immediate need". The worst-case scenario would be
an abusive user running a bot on an admin account and going on a
deletion spree at a time a steward was not readily available. This is an
incredibly unlikely scenario, as the bot would have to be smart enough
to unblock itself and remove autoblocks, in addition to having access to
an admin account in the first place. Even if this ever did happen, any
damage actually done would be temporary, as any admin action is reversible.

I think implementing password strength measures and forcing a password
change on the next login for all users with insecure ones would be
sufficient.