[WikiEN-l] Discussion of use of The Key in The Article

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:55:14 UTC 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:HD_DVD_encryption_key_controversy

There's a section on a proposed intro sentence containing the key in
an utterly defensible [1] encyclopedic fashion, and a list of proper
US-hosted media stories (not blog entries) quoting the key.

I still say wait at least a week, but I'm only saying that to let the
keyspam die down, and to try not to encourage the *next* bunch of
memespammers. Because you know this will happen again and again and
again.

- d.

[1] in my personal experience as a troublemaker for the last twelve
years dealing with legal threats against US and Australian hosted
content with real legal paper flying around which I could have been
left bankrupted by, and attempts to get me fired from my job because
of it. Because sometimes, you've just got to say "fuck this, I'm not
rolling over on this one." In an absolutely perfectly lined-up
academic and educational manner. Of course.