[WikiEN-l] HD DVD key mess - OFFICE/Foundation?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:49:21 UTC 2007

> It sound like you're saying the foundation should always "wait for the
> takedown" even if it knows for sure that material is illegal.

Fair use can include up to 100% of a work. It was then retrospectively
not illegal. Abusing this tends to get awards of attorney fees and
sanctioned plaintiff lawyers.

Were the Pentagon Papers legal before the newspaper won in court?

We are of course not a news organisation. Which is why on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:HD_DVD_encryption_key_controversy
I'm gathering actual news stories (not blog entries on news sites, but
proper stories from proper journalistic news sites that can suffer
actual pain for putting up illegal content) containing the magic
keyspam.

- d.