[WikiEN-l] Wikicharts

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:00:07 UTC 2007

On 02/05/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Should we be reacting to these statistics in some way? Given the
> enormous interest in our [[Wiki]] article, should we put more effort
> into making it an FA?

The extent to which these charts reflect anything that could
meaningfully be called "popularity" is questionable. Remember that
this chart is a ranking of raw page hits data. I strongly suspect a
lot of the porn stuff was from search engine hits, for example, and
would have disappointed the eventual reader.

I'm not sure how we'd measure people looking up stuff on Wikipedia
specifically. That would reflect popularity of an article within
Wikipedia.

That said, hell yeah - make [[Wiki]] a feature!

- d.