[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 10:11:46 UTC 2007

Joe Szilagyi wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> I fully agree. All non Foundation sites should be no follow.
>>>
>>> Anthere
>> Or to be more precise.
>> Either all links (external and interwiki) should be nofollow
>> Or none of them should be.
>> Or we can work on white lists together for both types of links.
>>
>> What is weird right now is that external links do not have the same
>> standards than interwiki.
>>
>> I support similar standards
>>
>> ant
>

> Florence, does this mean that such changes should be enacted as
> policy/mandate of the WMF?

Nope. I was speaking in my own name. It is my view and I share it :-)

More seriously, I can ask the board to make a decision on this if this
is considered best. Afaik, the only board member who participated in
this specific discussion was Jimbo (it was on one of our internal
lists). So I do not really know others positions.

It goes without saying that Jimbo and Michael will have to abstain on
any decision on the matter, due to the conflict of interest.

Ant