[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue May 1 22:22:14 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Florence, does this mean that such changes should be enacted as
> policy/mandate of the WMF?

Personally, I hope it doesn't come to that.  But in any case we need a
patch.  I believe the old patch added nofollow to *all* IW links.  We
need a patch that distinguishes between internal IW links (like
Wikinews) and external IW links (like Wikia).

I'm not an expert in Mediawiki, but I could probably figure it out if
no one else is willing to.  Is anyone else up for the task?  Should I
crosspost this to wikitech?

Anthony