[WikiEN-l] Why aren't *all* wikia.com links restricted under nofollow?

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 22:08:02 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard wrote:
> Rich Holton wrote:
>> Blu Aardvark wrote:
>>>>
>>> It's conceivable, but probably fairly unlikely. Interwiki links, by
>>> their nature, are incredibly unlikely to be spam (although there are a
>>> lot of prefixes in the default table that are, in my opinion, utter
>>> crap). Still, the patch is available if a user is genuinely concerned
>>> about it.
>> I still don't understand the resistance to making all non-Foundation
>> sites no-follow. The fact that people disagree with the idea, but are
>> providing no rational reason, only encourages the perception that there
>> *is* conflict of interest in the current situation.
>>
>> Let me emphasize: perception is important in this issue.
>>
>> -Rich
>
> I fully agree. All non Foundation sites should be no follow.
>
> Anthere

Or to be more precise.
Either all links (external and interwiki) should be nofollow
Or none of them should be.
Or we can work on white lists together for both types of links.

What is weird right now is that external links do not have the same
standards than interwiki.

I support similar standards

ant