[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Mar 31 13:52:39 UTC 2007

On 31 Mar 2007 at 18:16, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:

> geni wrote:
> >> So that's the best example I have seen in a while.
> >
> > BLP won't solve that problem.
>
> This is exactly the kind of negative information without valid sources
> that I am strongly encouraging people to remove on sight.  So, except
> for unrealistic definitions of the word "solve", I think BLP does in
> fact help a great deal.

Saying that somebody's daughter is attending a prestigious
educational institution isn't obviously, intrinsically, negative,
without more context about the complex political issues involved in
this case.  And determining that the sources given here are invalid
takes a bit of (unoriginal?) research.  Thus, this is the sort of
thing that can easily survive a superficial look, even under a regime
requiring strict sourcing of negative information on living persons.

--
== Dan ==