[WikiEN-l] Just what *is* Jimbo's role anyway?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Mar 24 09:20:02 UTC 2007

ScottL wrote:
>    Is this an honest assessment?  Could a non-admin (or even a single
> admin) go against him and not get banned?  Honestly?  That is not a
> measure of respect or even deference except perhaps by a majority of admins.

Of course.  People go against me all the time and don't get banned.
Indeed, some of our worst trolls who have attacked me most viciously
have survived quite a long time under my personal protection.

If I went bonkers and banned someone who had done absolutely nothing
wrong other than disagree with me in some way, I hope that the ArbCom
would quietly and firmly tell me that I am bonkers.  I would listen.

--Jimbo