[WikiEN-l] Brad and Danny

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 02:33:43 UTC 2007

Christiano Moreschi wrote:
>> From: Guy.Chapman at spamcop.net
>> To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>> Subject: [WikiEN-l] Brad and Danny
>> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:15:04 +0000
>>

>> I can't see any comments elsewhere here, so I thought I'd point you to
>> these:
>>

>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-March/028404.html
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:BN#User:Dannyisme
>>

>> Unrelated, I understand.
>>

>> Guy (JzG)
>>

> Yeah, seen both of those. That sucks. Slightly more importantly, who steps
> in as replacements? Does this not leave Jimbo alone at WP:OFFICE? And will
> we need a new lawyer? Presumably.
>
> Moreschi

We decided to hire Bastique a few days ago as a volunteer coordinator.
Bastique will be able to help on such matters. So, not an issue.

On the legal side, I would like to clarify that we are not left alone.
We have a network of lawyers helping us. However, we may indeed not have
a GC for a while, but we'll probably have soon a legal coordinator.
Whether we have a coordinator or not, this will be one of my priority
task to find a new lawyer in Florida, in office or not.

Our legal needs go far beyond WP:Office right now :-)
For example, most of our contracts or agreements are handled by Lin, a
florida lawyer. Trademarks issues are handled in good part by Hugot, a
french lawyer. Thorsten, a german lawyer is helping a lot on various
issues, such as legal threats in Germany.

Within areas where we need more help are considerations around
intellectual property rights, internet law, press law, and international
labour law. If you know some wikipedians willing to help on such
matters, or lawyers willing to help us pro-bono, please contact me.

anthere