[WikiEN-l] Larry Sanger weighs in on the Essjay incident

Bartning at aol.com Bartning at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 02:59:40 UTC 2007

Keith:

Thanks for the post!  I guess I'll exercise my First Amendment right
defensively.  After recent experiences from Wikipedia, I wonder if  they remember all
their donations, as it seems it's corrupt from the inside too  - rotten
outside as well as in.  It does nothing except show that  encyclopedias I read and
had as a kid still have value, not this new  anti-elitist, "consensus over
credentials" problem with Wikipedia.   However, I don't know if I can or want to
get a job with Britannica :), unlike  some Wikipedia admins and editors.

Vincent Bartning

http://www.aol.com.