[WikiEN-l] Rootology's new site

michael west michawest at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:37:11 UTC 2007

On 28/06/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:04:25 -0400, "Ron Ritzman" <ritzman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >These are the people who are claiming they were "abused" when the only
> >thing that happened to them was that they were prevented from doing
> >"X" on Wikipedia which is "just a website". How does this compare with
> >people who suffer real abuse in real life?
>
> Indeed.  And in most cases X is self-promotion.  But there are cases
> where long-term trends in admin actions could do with critiquing, and
> I don't mind being the subject of such a critique.  It is not
> especially surprising that the contributions thus far are mainly from
> frustrated vanity spammers, since frustrating vanity spammers is one
> of the things I am known for.  Rootology does seem to want to rise
> above the level of assuming that every action not backed by three
> months of ArbCom deliberation is necessarily evil.
>
> That said, we can already identify Gregory Kohs, Jonathan Barber and
> Jon Awbrey laying out their grudges for all the world to see yet
> again.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG
>

> What is the point listing every admin on the site? and the broken link
> page runs into 651 with many non admins, useful contributors who have never
> been involved in anything bar an occassional war of words.

The place to discuss problems is within the project. Creating new sites that
back-stab (ok I agree there is a way to debate on that site) is just boring.
And despite all its good intentions the talk pages are meant to provoke.
Leave the project and slag it off, it doesn't help anybody, it just shows
the conceit some ppl have for their own opinion. Will they have sysops, i
seriously doubt it.