[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 00:00:12 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/18/07, Sheldon Rampton <sheldon at prwatch.org> wrote:
> > > Jayjg ... added ominously that *someone* has been
> > > leaking information about deleted pages to Wikitruth.
> >
> > There's no question that someone with at least one admin account
> > posted deleted material to Wikitruth. How else do you imagine it got
> > there?
> >
> There are many sources for deleted Wikipedia materials which do not at
> all require an admin account.

Well, you could suppose instead that, for every single deleted article
reposted on Wiktruth, a non-admin just happened to have copied the
version that was on the page prior to the deletion. As they didn't
know when the deletion would happen, this involves believing that
someone is copying every single version just in case, and furthermore
that they're always able to predict which articles they ought to do
that with, because sometimes the deletions have come without warning
following a private complaint.

So: we have someone who is copying every single version of every
single article just in case; or we have someone who is psychic and can
intuit which articles are going to be deleted on which versions; or we
have someone with an admin account who is copying deleted material.