[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Slim Virgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:27:06 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Naturally, a DRV is underway. I'm a bit surprised by how strongly it's
> swinging "endorse" right now, this outcome strikes me as really bizarre.
>  Is this more BLP mania in action? Why can't we have even a stub
> biography of someone who's featured significantly in four other
> articles? Shouldn't BLP apply just the same no matter where the material
> winds up?
>
> I hate to start complaint threads like this one, but this really caught
> me by surprise and I'm wondering if I'm really so far out of touch that
> this should be making sense to me.

We need to get rid of that article. We've subjected Brandt to hundreds
of thousands of words of debate, 14 AfDs, I don't know how many DRVs
-- wall-to-wall bickering and childishness for 18 sorry months. We've
allowed his article to be edited by any anonymous teenager who turns
up with a grudge, and the decision to keep the wretched thing has been
made 13 times by people who normally edit Star Trek. We've made
complete fools of ourselves as a project.

No matter the merits of the article, the process he's been put through
is totally unacceptable by any standard. We've shown we can't be
trusted with a Brandt bio, and we should delete it for that reason
alone, no matter how notable any of us thinks he is.