[WikiEN-l] BBC

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed Jul 25 05:18:41 UTC 2007

The most interesting thing about his program is that he knows little about Wikipedia, thus interviews the usual people, exhibiting a sense of wonder all the way. In other words, he has no shame attempting to grapple as an amateur with a topic he is not expert in, in much the same manner as a typical Wikipedia editor.

This does not stop him from soliciting the usual criticism that Wikipedia is not edited by experts. Apparently he takes for granted that as a journalist, he need not be an expert himself, at least not in the subject matter he addresses.

Fred