[WikiEN-l] PR puff piece on Wikipedia

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Sat Jul 14 03:46:14 UTC 2007

Heads up: Just today I happened to notice that Wikipedia has a bio
that reads like a press kit for [[Ronn Torossian]], the owner/founder
of a New York city PR firm named [[5W Public Relations]], which has
its own separate article. Both of those articles have been heavily
and repeatedly edited by User:Judae1, whose user page describes him
as "Juda S. Engelmayer, Senior Vice President, Government and
Corporate Issues Practice at 5W Public Relations."

I also noticed that User:Judae1 has himself repeatedly edited
[[Wikipedia:Conflict of interest/Noticeboard]], so it is hard to
imagine that he is unaware that his editing of the [[Ronnn
Torossian]] and [[5W Public Relations]] articles is in violation of
Wikipedia policy.