[WikiEN-l] Disgusting behavior on AN:I

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:21:32 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, his objective in editing Wikipedia is not to frustrate
> them.  Their objective is to frustrate him, because he blows up so
> spectacularly when provoked.  They think it's fun.

You just described ED's reason for existence. Their mission is to piss
off people and groups who "take themselves too seriously". They say so
right on their website. Read their articles on sex and rape. They are
written specifically to piss off radical feminists. This is how they
create "drama". Think of them like the grade school bullies who didn't
necessarily pick on the smallest kids but the kids most likely to go
crying to the teacher.

They sort of remind me of several Usenet troll groups in the late 90s
with a similar mission. One was even called the "Usenet Performance
Artists".