[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkk site link policy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:14:18 UTC 2007

> On 11/07/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:26:06 -0700, Ray Saintonge
> > <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> > >The absolute banning of such links should not depend on somebody's
> > >failure of imagination.

> > There is no absolute ban,

> No, just effects indistinguishable from one.
> This is why the people who seem to be following WP:BADSITES seem
> particularly ludicrous when claiming that it was written by a troll -
> they're following just what it said in the version they claim to be
> repudiating!

And note, by the way, that this is how they trashed Gracenotes' RFA -
he answered saying he went for a non-absolute link by link approach,
and they then trashed the RFA for not following the absolute approach
they claim to be repudiating. We've seen nothing whatsoever to
reassure us they won't do the same to Gracenotes or some other editor
next time - trashing an RFA for not agreeing with a *failed* policy
initiative.

- d.