[WikiEN-l] Schools again

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:03:27 UTC 2007

On 10/07/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> Sorry, but that's not how I remember it.  The lengthy debate over
> [[WP:SCHOOLS]] was torpedoed mainly by a small number of people who
> flatly refused to consider anything other than "all schools are
> inherently notable".  No merge was acceptable, no deletion was
> acceptable, however atrocious the article, they stated as an article
> of faith that every school merited an article.
>
> I don't recall a *single* deletionist raising any argument that was as
> dogmatic as those raised by the few militant inclusionists.
>
> Guy (JzG)
> --

Tough. In such an situation there wasn't any consensus reached. Perhaps that
situation illustrates why the idea of "consensus" isn't sensible - but for
now it's the decision-making principle that people allege Wikipedia always
works under (although as I've said before, I say most of the time people on
Wikipedia do what they like, ignoring dissent and even claiming consensus
where there is none).

Zoney

--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...