[WikiEN-l] The Register decries Wikipedia's "censorship" via OTRS

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:40:02 UTC 2007

On 10/07/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2007 at 00:59:34 +0100, "Andrew Gray" <shimgray at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The one that always amazes me is how many legal firms think it's
> > helpful to send a raw .doc or .pdf file without even putting a
> > sentence in the email to say what it's about... very irritating by the
> > tenth time around.
>
> Given that I've been getting a whole rash of spam lately that
> consists of unexplained PDF attachments (something that seems to get
> right through Bayesian spam filters because there are no plaintext
> keywords to filter on), any such things are likely to be trashed
> unopened by me.

There's usually a lengthy signature (name, contact details, name of
the firm, sixteen lines of "if you receive this by accident then
destroy your computer and sterilise your children", etc, which helps
distinguish it from random junk. 'Course, if someone is willing to
fake those... actually, that's a pretty cunning idea.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk