[WikiEN-l] Disgusting behavior on AN:I

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 10 09:50:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:40:13 -0400, "Daniel R. Tobias"
<dan at tobias.name> wrote:

>So, who is it that said that we're not a "drama site"?

"Wolf!  Wolf!"

There have been so many frivolous and baseless attacks on MONGO that
it has become almost impossible for any new complaint to be taken
seriously.  Having a "brand new user" pitch right in with such claims
is also virtually certain to result in a diagnosis of sockpuppetry,
because thus far it always has been, as far as I can tell.

If people don't want MONGO to snap at them they might consider not
baiting him.  The ED trolls (of whom there have been several) are not
gentle cuddly fluffy types.  Neither are the conspiracy POV-pushers.

Of course MONGO needs to tone down the rhetoric, but most of the
complaints against him are reminiscent of Jonathan Barber howling
abuse because (he says) one or two of his 400 known and suspected
sockpuppets are not actually him.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk