[WikiEN-l] My favorite Wikipedia article ever

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:39:32 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Including trivia like this in other articles would result in it being
> removed due to WP:TRIVIA.  Keeping it separate means that readers wont
> find it unless they are searching for more obscure information or
> browsing out of interest.

If is important enough to be its own article, then its inclusion in
[[Optimus Prime]] certainly can be justified.  Optimus Prime is pretty
large, but most of it is breathless fanboy plot recitation (most of
which should be in the show/movie/comics articles anyway) and stuff
like how many times his energy axe appeared.  The solution is to take
an energy axe to the plot summary stuff, if you have the stomach for
that kind of work.  Lord knows I don't much of the time. And,
unfortunately, that's how articles on every sub-subject get created,
because people often don't want to slog through editing down an overly
large article.  It's easier to go off and create a little article on
your own, that way you get all the pride of ownership and creation and
none of the hassle of editing conflicts.