[WikiEN-l] My favorite Wikipedia article ever

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 7 16:02:24 UTC 2007

K P wrote:
> Here's an article about a crash that didn't happen, to two planes on
> two different runways, although apparently one is in the take-off line
> of the other, where there were no injuries or damages to either
> aircraft that didn't crash into each other, with speculation about a
> controller error, and no NTSB report yet issued.
>
> I love Wikipedia, Britannica eat your hear out.

One of my old favorites is up for deletion right now, for the fourth
time, and looks likely to go the way of the dodo this time around.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28person%29>. Just in time
for the release of the new Transformers movie, too.

It was heavily referenced, non-controversial, and a fun little piece of
trivia. I really don't understand why some editors feel the need to get
rid of such stuff. There are days that Wikipedia makes me depressed.