[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 03:24:28 UTC 2007

On 2/27/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think some perspective is necessary. Common sense isn't necessarily the
> same amongst different people, but I think there are some elements that tend
> to be the same. Common sense is the ability to know your limitations, to
> respect other people's opinions, and to deal with different opinions in a
> peaceful manner.

This is not consistent with what has been common sense for most of
human history. Generally killing people with different opinions
(heretics foreigners) has been more popular.

> And I've always favoured getting serious about desysoping people. Adminship
> is no big deal, and taking it away shouldn't be that big a deal either.

Knocking out even 10 of the hyperactives would lead to serious
problems unless you can find replacements (and if you can could you do
so now? The backlogs are getting anoying again).

--
geni