[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

T P t0m0p0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:24:49 UTC 2007

That depends on what we want Wikipedia to be.  If we want it to be the
elaborated union of all existing encyclopedias, no matter how specialized,
fine.  But what we want Wikipedia to be is not to be decided strictly based
on the opinions of experts.  Citizendium is --> that way.

I think people are jumping to conclusions about my point.  My point is not
that webcomics should not be included.  My point is that Scout McCloud's
evaluation of notability should not carry more weight than the consensus of
the people writing Wikipedia.  If he wants to change Wikipedia he's welcome
to join us in writing it.

Adam