[WikiEN-l] What makes a good article?

T P t0m0p0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:07:14 UTC 2007

On 2/26/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:

> T P wrote:
>
> > I despise the current FA practice that "everything needs an inline
> > citation".  Basically all you need to pass FA is a lot of citations.

Can we slay this myth once and for all?  Sources are a quick and easy
> way to get junked or lose FA status, but it's not all you need.  My
> first real FA try ended up being twice as long as the article I was
> nominating because of the "brilliant prose" requirement - talk about
> subjective.  I have no hard numbers, but I bet a lot more struggle due
> to that then because of inadequate sourcing.

This is an exaggeration, of course.  What I really mean to say is that all
"I" need to pass FA is a lot of citations (which I hate doing).

Believe me, if I had my way, a lot more articles would fail the "brilliant
prose" requirement.

Adam