[WikiEN-l] Scott McCloud on Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 00:01:14 UTC 2007

On 26/02/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/26/07, T P <t0m0p0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I would never claim our current solution is the final one.  But we do need
> > to take the criticism of people like Scott McCloud with a grain of salt.

> Because he's a best-selling author and respected expert in his field?

Exactly. Obviously, if you ask his expert opinion on comics, you have
to Assume Bad Faith and assume he'll ... I dunno, do something
obviously bad. You know those comics experts. Far better to ask
obnoxious teenage nerds who have no subject-area knowledge at all but
sure can't tolerate grey areas.

- d.