[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Feb 25 05:55:59 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

>On 24/02/07, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>Courage cannot become foolhardiness, and agility cannot become
>>evasiveness.  That's a rare combination of qualities.  Parker's agility
>>is lacking, but it is unduly harsh to say that he was making no positive
>>contributions.  I am not so insecure in my views that I can tolerate no
>>criticism.
>>

>Parker's LiveJournal should be just the thing, then:
>http://parkerpeters.livejournal.com/

I've had the impression that the relationship that you have with him is
not based on mutual respect. ;-)

What he rants about in his own blog doesn't bother me.  He has managed
to anger a number of people in positions of power to the point where I
wonder whether they feel so injured that they have lost sight of
objectivity.  He has his faults, but he also makes valid points.

I don't intend to start campaigning for his readmission to the list.
Some important issues have been raised on the list, and Parker's
presence on the list could be too disruptive even when he's right.

Ec