[WikiEN-l] Ya can talk all ya wanna but its differn't than it was

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 02:11:41 UTC 2007

On Feb 24, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Daniel P. B. Smith wrote:

> Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia yet. It was _certainly_ not an
> encyclopedia _then._ I've always assumed that calling it "the free
> encyclopedia that anyone can edit" was a deliberate attempt to keep
> the _goal_ clear and always in front of everyone.

Bull. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia. It's not a publishable one, for a
variety of reasons, quality only being one. But it's clearly an
encyclopedia.

> Things change.

Yes. But I've seen nobody provide any evidence that there was a rash
of crazies we couldn't deal with leading to the implementation of
[[WP:RS]] and [[WP:N]]. Or that there was a sudden decrease in
crazies when we had them. Or, really, any correlation between the
two, little yet causality.

-Phil