[WikiEN-l] How did Fuzzy decide to sue Josef Silny?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Feb 24 07:25:41 UTC 2007

Gregory Kohs wrote:

>Before it got erased from the record, I thought I asked some relevant
>questions about the Fuzzy Zoeller case:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Fuzzy_Zoeller&diff=110240475&oldid=110237714
>
>What does this list think?  Could Section 230 of the CDA extend
>immunity to Answers.com in this case, or are they vulnerable?  If they
>get sued, they'll probably rue the day they made their deal with
>Wikipedia.

I doubt it.  The reason they are going after the law firm is because
they traced the IP number there.  They have noted that the Safe Harbor
provisions apply to Wikipedia, so I would expect that that should also
be the case with the mirrors.  It looks like a pretty dumb-ass case for
Zoeller to pursue, but if he's stupid enough to carry through the
judge's decision will make interesting reading.

Ec