[WikiEN-l] Four things to say (No)

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Feb 23 20:21:17 UTC 2007

Flame Viper wrote:
> You're not helping, at all. Stop begging for me to be moderated for The Truth, wake up, and smell the corrodite. Unless you can't handle the truth?

Hi. This post is inflammatory and content-free. If your goal is to be
heard on points you think are important to Wikipedia's success, posts
like this are harming your cause. To the extent people agree with you,
you are harming their causes, too.

If your goal is to create drama, then I would be much obliged if you did
it on one of the many parts of the internet where drama is welcome, or
even the goal.

Assuming you're really here to help, then I'd suggest you take a break
to relax (personally, I use long walks) and then check out these articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:CIVIL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NPA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:TIGERS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:COOL

I'm sure you've seen some of them before, and may even resent some of
them as sticks you feel people have used to whack you. But they're very
helpful guidelines to getting things done via the regrettably bad medium
of plaintext.

Thanks,

William

--