[WikiEN-l] Daniel Brandt

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:01:34 UTC 2007

This is ridiculous.

Daniel Brandt article gets deleted at 9.53pm my time. Gets noticed and
put on Deletion Review at 10.54pm. The link to the Deletion Review
gets posted in #wikipedia-en-admins at 11.12pm.

Then, considering the controversial nature of this article, I draw
attention to it on this mailing list at 12.17am.

At 1.21am, the first mention of this deletion review goes on AN/I.

At 1.26am, after 2 and a half hours of debate, it gets closed as a
"snowball" endorse, and attempts to "unclose" it are met with reverts.

Below is the history of the numerous AfD debates for this article,
which I feel is relevant here (when considering whether to apply a
snowball clause):

This page was previously nominated for deletion. Consider the prior
discussions before re-nominating:
Speedy keep, AFD 07 November 2005.
Keep, AFD 13 November 2005.
Snowball keep, AFD 05 April 2006.
Speedy keep, AFD 12 April 2006.
Speedy Keep, AFD 13 April 2006.
Speedy keep, AFD 5 June 2006.
Speedy keep, AFD 10 June 2006.
Snowball keep, AFD 19 June 2006.
Speedy keep, AFD 13 July 2006.
Speedy keep, AFD 12 August 2006.
Keep, AFD 28 December 2006.

Considering that history, how could it possibly be considered
appropriate to close this article's deletion review after only 2.5
hours, when most interested users have not even had notice of the
DRV's existence?

~Mark Ryan