[WikiEN-l] Moderation on this mailing list

Parker Peters parkerpeters1002 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:24:36 UTC 2007

Resending as per Mark Ryan's email on an accidental rejection from queue.

Parker

On 2/20/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:41:56 -0800, Ray Saintonge
> <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>
> (apologies for non-trimmed top posting)
>
> Ray, I subscribe to unblock-en-l.

So do I.

  The really gross cases, I simply
> don't read.  I'm not capable of extending good faith so some of those
> people, so I leave them alone.

If you're not capable of extending good faith long enough to examine a case,
you have no business with admin powers.

  I *know* some cases are valid even
> though they are stated in obnoxious terms and often by obnoxious
> people.  One who was unblocked under a month ago is now in front of
> ArbCom; the unblock was probably valid but I'd not have unblocked.

Which proves that you don't deserve the power you have, since you're willing
to throw the book at people even when it's clear they've already been abused
by someone else.

 The
> thing is, though, we don't need those cases here.  Here, we discuss
> things which might actually be broken.

If by "discuss" you mean mouth vague platitudes and stonewall...

  Admins blocking abusive trolls
> is not broken.

With this I agree.

  I trust the mods to sort out the abusive trolls from
> the simply rude and obnoxious, I then apply my own filters to the rude
> and obnoxious.

May I suggest you apply your filters through a mirror briefly.

  Overall, the mods are doing just fine.

No, they're not.

  Either the
> seriously batshit cases don't post here, like they do to the unblock
> list, or they are being modded, and actually I don't care which.

The "seriously batshit" cases don't post here, but the cases which do post
here are ignored or pooh-poohed by personages like yourself anyways.

Thus the problems.

Parker

--
====