[WikiEN-l] Proposed: Topical archiving of talk

stvrtg stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:31:35 UTC 2007

Hello folks,
Im proposing we come up with a system by which people can make well-formed
topic-based archives of talk pages.  This is because some talk pages are
fairly busy, and the archives are often hard to read. Date based bot
archiving is of no help here.

This would be a redudant archive - not to replace standard ordered archives,
and ideally there would be some template that would make it easy to link
between the two, particularly in the direction from Topical -> Ordered. The
ordered one is to be the "reliable" base archive, and the topical one will
permit some level of editing: header renaming, structural reformatting,
excising or hiding superfluous comments.

I need help figuring out how to best link Topical and Ordered sections and
so on. The process needs to be solid enough that any criticism would be
minimal. I think its usefulness will be demonstrated quickly enough.

-SV