[WikiEN-l] Moderation on this mailing list

Parker Peters parkerpeters1002 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 15:18:27 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/20/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > But David, this takes me back to the original question: Is it really
> > offensive to call someone abusive? I, personally, would not use the word
> > define someone, I would, instead, describe their behavior as abusive;
> but
> > isn't that, in the context of this List, somewhat nickpicky?
> >
> > Marc
>
> It totally depends on the context. If you have a serious complaint
> that you present properly with solid evidence to back it up, then
> calling an admin abusive isn't all that big of a deal. If you can't do
> that well and you are just throwing the word around, then hell yeah
> it's offensive.

I haven't seen the message, but in a later email Mark Ryan admits that diffs
were provided as evidence of the abuse.

Yet he blocked the emails claiming that it was a personal attack.

This is censorship, if not worse, and definitely does not help Wikipedia,
nor does it do anything to help resolve the situation. If anything, all it
is going to do is prove to the user that there IS a systematic attempt at a
coverup or something similar to protect administrators who abuse their
powers.

Parker

--
====