[WikiEN-l] Moderation on this mailing list

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 20 12:37:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:24:01 +0900, "Mark Ryan" <ultrablue at gmail.com>
wrote:

>This is in response to my rejection of two emails, both of which I
>considered to contain personal attacks because they called various
>administrators 'abusive' etc. What are the thoughts of subscribers to
>the list on this? What would the appropriate course of action have
>been?

The mods of this list are conservative in their interpretation,
allowing people the benefit of the doubt long after some of us have
written them off as a bad job.  I join the small chorus backing your
sound judgment on this.

For my money, a properly stated case against an admin from an editor
with a history and a decent reputation is never a problem.  The vast
majority of complaints about admin behaviour are generic "rouge admin
abuse" crap and can safely be ignored, especially if they can't bring
themselves to state it in a civil manner.  Sounds like this lot fails
on both levels.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk