[WikiEN-l] Frustrated

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 20 10:05:17 UTC 2007

Christiano Moreschi wrote:
> Hmmm, we seem to be talking at cross purposes. I really don't see how a
> "List of men above 8 foot tall" could be considered original research,
> provided you have good references and aren't making up fictional statistics.
> It's just a list of pretty big men. It may be unencyclopedic, of course, but
> that's another question.
>
> What is original research, in my opinion, is saying that these 8-foot men
> are tall, but that nobody else qualifies as tall. That is hardly NPOV. We
> just can't make up our own definition as to what is "tall" and what isn't.

I can see that, and agree that the existing "tall men" title is at least
misleading or ambiguous. But shouldn't this be trivial to fix simply by
renaming the article or tweaking the lead paragraph? If this is all that
needs doing it's no wonder I'm hopelessly confused by this thread, I
thought there was some sort of deep fundamental flaw some people were
seeing that I was totally missing. :)