[WikiEN-l] Requirements for Adminship

Rich Holton richholton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:30:38 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote:
> on 2/19/07 4:50 PM, Jossi Fresco at jossifresco at mac.com wrote:
>
>> I speak of a culture that has
>> produced the most amazing results in the history of on-line
>> collaboration.
>
> Is the same culture that began WP the same one in place today?
>
> Marc

Marc,

Just a sample of one, to give you some idea.

Here's the page for my RfA (Request for adminship):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Rholton

Compare that to any of the current or recent RfA's.

I'm pretty sure that, should I apply (especially self-nominate) for
adminship now, I would be turned down on the basis on not enough
contributions to policy discussions, or for "not needing" the tools
(although, I have in just the last few days, taken some time to deal
with the incoming new pages, deleting those that are obvious speedy's).

-Rich