[WikiEN-l] Frustrated

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:24:16 UTC 2007

On 2/20/07, Rich Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. So does the real conflict come in having a subjective article
> name (using "tall") for an article that is using an objective criteria?

I was going to say yes, but actually no. If you apply that logic, you
end up with horribly named lists: [[List of communes in France with
over 20,000 inhabitants (1999 census)]] (god I wish I were kidding).

IMHO, the need for readable, human-friendly article names trumps the
need for the article name to be totally precise. As long as the
introduction makes it clear what the criteria are, err on the side of
pleasant article names.

Steve