[WikiEN-l] class-action suit??

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:18:22 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
> This just in from [[Wikipedia:Reference desk/Miscellaneous#Class Action?]]:
>
>         I was recently contacted by some law firm from Miami,
>         Florida about some class-action lawsuit they were
>         assembling that involved a bunch of former and current
>         Wikipedia editors that are suing the Wikimedia Foundation
>         for compensation for all the time they spent improving
>         the site without pay.
>         [[User:Snowboarder77]] 03:35, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
>
> I rather suspect it's bogus on a couple of different levels,
> but I thought I'd mention it here.

While it does sound like BS it isn't unthinkable that someone,
somewhere is trying to get clients for a class-action suit against
wikipedia for something. It sounded like Snowborader77 was pretty
confused, maybe he misunderstood the lawyer.

It's probably nothing, but it isn't unthinkable that it is something.
Just sayin'

--Oskar